This measure facilitates the repayment of paid employer contributions for new employees from certain target groups in development regions with high unemployment (Pokolpje, Maribor and the surrounding area, Hrastnik, Radeče and Trbovlje). Reimbursement may be requested for the employment of unemployed persons from the target groups set out in the measure. The reimbursement of contributions may be requested for the employment of persons who are registered as unemployed and who are included in one of the following target groups:
- persons who have not received regular employment wages in the last six months, or
- persons aged 15 to 24 years, or
- persons who have not completed secondary professional, vocational or technical education, or general secondary education, or persons who have still not received their first regular paying job in the two years since the completion of their regular education, or
- persons older than 50 years of age, or
- single persons who have one or more dependants, meaning they care for one or more children younger than 26 years of age if those children are still enrolled in regular studies, or persons whose spouse is unemployed, or
- persons who will be employed in an activity (economic sector) in which there is an imbalance between genders that is at least 25% higher than the average imbalance in all economic sectors in the Republic of Slovenia, or
- persons who are members of an ethnic minority, or
- persons deemed disabled in the quota system for disabled persons.
To that end, the persons listed above do not have to live in a region with high unemployment. They may come from anywhere. They need only fulfil the characteristics of a target group and find employment or perform work in a region with high unemployment (Pokolpje, Maribor and the surrounding area, Hrastnik, Radeče and Trbovlje).
How are reimbursements made?
For the employment of unemployed persons from the first seven target groups, paid employer contributions are reimbursed in the actual amount for a period of one year. You must enter into employment contracts with persons for at last one continuous year and keep them employed during that period. For the employment of disabled persons – eighth target group: Employer contributions are reimbursed in the actual amount for each year of employment of a disabled person, but not beyond the valid period that regulations stipulate for the reimbursement of contributions:
- Pokolpje and Hrastnik, Radeče and Trbovlje – until 31 December 2020,
- Maribor and the surrounding area – until 31 December 2018.
Assistance for applicants
Reimbursements of employer contributions for the employment of unemployed persons are made by the Employment Service of Slovenia.
Novo mesto Regional Office (municipalities of Črnomelj, Metlika and Semič)
Address: Šentjernejska cesta 6, 8000 Novo mesto
Telephone: +386 7 393-58-00
Ljubljana Regional Office (municipalities of Kočevje, Kostel, Loški Potok and Osilnica)
Address: Parmova 32, 1000 Ljubljana
Telephone: +386 1 242-41-00
Fax: +386 01 242-41-20